- EUGIS, the European Green India Summit, is dedicated to the exchange and trade of ideas and services between India and Europe. This year it is focused on Smart Cities: Green Infrastructure and Regenerative Urban Development.
Who should attend
Investors: Banks, family offices, private equity investors, venture capitalists, individuals
Professionals and Service Providers: Architects, consultants and consulting firms
Businesses: Building and technology companies
Bilateral, multilateral and government agencies: : Indian and European government officials
Associations: Indian, Swiss and European chambers of commerce
Press: Swiss and Indian newspapers and media organizations
Launch of EUGIS, the European Green India Summit
Wednesday, 18 May 2016
Auditorium of the University of Liechtenstein
- Introduction by Peter Droege and Pankaj Agarwal
Welcome by Thomas Zwiefelhofer, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for the Economy, Principality of Liechtenstein
Opening by the Indian Ambassador to Liechtenstein and Switzerland and
Claude Béglé, Member of the Swiss Parliament
- Session 1
- Green Infrastructure Policy
What policy frameworks promise to support strategic alliances towards sustainable development — especially in renewable energy and energy efficiency across Indian-European trade lines?
Akshay Jaitly, Partner, TRILEGAL: Policy versus statuatory transitions
Anindya Bhattacharya, Director, E&Y New Delhi: Policy Guidance in the private sector
Katharina Schneider, Global Infrastructure Basel: International innovations in advanced infrastructure policy
Chair: Peter Droege, University of Liechtenstein & Liechtenstein Institute for
Strategic Development AG
- Session 2
- Green Infrastructure Finance
What are the finance drivers for a sustainable urban future, in renewable energy and efficiency?
Sadashiv Rao, IDFC Infra Debt Fund Limited: Advanced infrastructure finance
Sameer Kumar Mishra, SBICAP (UK) Limited: Investments in sustainability
Sabine Döbeli, CEO, Swiss Sustainable Finance: Financing the transtition to a regenerative economy
Chair: Florian Schaller, University of Liechtenstein and LIFE Climate Foundation
- Session 3
- Green Infrastructure Technology
What are the renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies and IT systems that form the core of a sustainable urban future?
- Tania Bhattacharya, Celestial Earth: Urban metabolism
Dr. Sudheer Kumar, COO of Flisom: The spectrum of Indian renewable energy
Urs A. Weidmann, Silent Power AG: renewable systems for smart cities
Chair: Pankaj Agarwal, Panitek AG
- Session 4
- Future forum — regenerative urban development visions
What outcomes will mark a successfully green urban system?
Devinder Paul Singh, PricewaterhouseCoopers Zurich: Transacting the Smart City
Francesco Gherzi, Swiss India Chamber of Commerce: Swiss Center of Excellence, Pune
Johannes Fiedler, Doppelmayr Urban Systems: Smart transport for smart cities
- India Visions — Smart Cities speakers
Anand Shukla, SDC/Swiss Embassy in Delhi: bilateral aid and technology transfer programs
Alexander Lüchinger, Alexander Lüchinger Consulting: ALC SouthPole DEZA CapaCITIES project Coimbatore, Rajkot, Siliguri, and Udaypur
Uli Hellweg, ISD StadtBauen: International Building Exhibition IBA-Hamburg
- Afternoon Break
- Guy Perry, Partner, Cities+Strategy, Essel Infra&Utilities: Smart cities design
Krister Jens, Rambøll Copenhagen/National University of Singapore: Udaypur studio
Peter Droege, regenerative infrastructures for intelligent cities and regions
Chair: Panos Mantziaras, Fondation Braillard, Geneva
- Closing panel and concluding words
- Entertainment by Bollywood in Liechtenstein
- All program elements are subject to change without notice.
More detailed program information and background: email@example.com
Main Event Partner
- © 2016 ISD. EUGIS European Green India Summt is a trademark of the Liechtenstein Institute for Strategic Development AG, Vaduz.